We are open for visits again from August 2021, book your experience now!
Looking for something fun and different to do in London? Look no further and visit our alpacas to create lasting memories!
We are a working farm and can only accept visitors on a pre-arranged basis. Our weekend visits are great for this!
Private experience bookings
We’ll run our fun “Meet, Greet & Feed” experiences several times a week.
During these you get to be up-close with our herd of Alpacas. They’re friendly and will love the food you’ll be giving them!
We recommend to book early as we can only have a single group on the days we’re open.
We’re happy to accommodate small private groups. Visiting our farm and feeding the alpacas makes a memorable experience for any type of event:
- Birthdays & anniversaries
- A date that won’t be forgotten
- Surprise for a true alpaca lover
Can we visit via London underground?
Absolutely, we recommend you take the Central Line to Epping Station. From there it’s just a 4 minutes drive to our main gate. There’s a cab station (Lawlor Taxis) & Uber normally drives in the area. We’re happy to help you arrange transport from Epping Station if you like.
Please note that there is a 10 minute walk from the road to the alpaca field.
Can we visit by car and park on site?
We have space for multiple cars on site during dry days in Summer. Please note that you’ll have to drive down an unpaved dirt/grass track which is on a small hill. Unfortunately the rain makes this track inaccessible for most cars outside Summer. Check with us before your visit if the track is still looking good!
If the track is not suitable during your visit then we recommend parking in Epping (Bakers Lane normally has plenty of space and is reasonably priced) and getting an Uber or minicab to us.
What should I wear?
- Please wear weather appropriate clothes
- We are a working farm which means it can get muddy in the rain or Winter. The paddocks don’t look like a park, as there will be thistles and nettles in the field (alpacas love nibbling them). We recommend renting wellingtons from us for just £3 (please pre-book a week in advance to ensure we have your size).
- We also recommend you take an umbrella if rain is in the forecast, although we have a field shelter that we can take cover in together with the alpacas.
- Our alpacas prefer nature as it is, and don’t like the smell of perfumes/aftershave. We recommend not using these so that they won’t run away from you!
Who can visit?
- Our alpacas are popular with adults and children alike.
- Our visitors need to be at least 5 years old. Please note that children under the age of 16 need to be accompanied by a responsible adult guardian and that each adult can only be responsible for 3 children.
- We recommend that you don’t visit us if you’re pregnant as we’re a working farm with animals that may give birth.
- We are happy to accommodate people who require special assistance. Please do contact us before your visit so that we can make preparations if needed.
Will they spit on me?
It’s not common for alpacas to spit at humans, but possible. They sometimes spit at each other to decide who’s in charge, and there’s a chance you get caught in the crossfire.
Can I bring dogs?
Our animals get stressed by dogs so unfortunately it’s not possible to bring them on site.
Are you licensed?
Yes, we are licensed by the Epping Forest District council for the exhibition of animals. You can see our license details on the Contact Us page.
Please note that the experiences take place in the field where the alpacas live. This means that there’s no toilet facilities on site.
Also please note that the consumption of food is not allowed on the farm, as human food can be poisonous to our animals.
We are just a few minutes drive away from several pubs and restaurants. We recommend combining your alpaca visit with a visit to the lovely Merry Fiddler pub just a few minutes down the road.